Illustrator Homework 1


 In the first video, I like how he started off with the keyboard shortcuts because they save a lot of time. Some of my favorite tools so far are the scaling tool, which expands or shrinks the object from two axes, and the selection tool which selects the object and lets you change the size and shape of the object. Another one of my favorite tools is the star tool which I actually learned about in my senior year of high school, and it was my graphic designer teachers favorite tool. Although I found it super confusing when I learned it the first time the video also explains the difference between the selection and direct selection tool which will really be helpful when I start using it. He also brings up the lasso tool and I remember how essential that one was in high school. 

The second video goes into detail about the artboard tool. I think personally its the most essential tool in illustrator. She goes into detail about how to resize and add new artboards. She also talks about the reflect tool which lets you reflect any object on the artboard. She then goes into detail about the type tool and the various tools within it including the path tool. The pen tool was one of my favorite tools in high school due to its simplicity and how effective it can be. 




The third video discusses tools like the rectangle tool, which allows you to create a rectangle. I found the tool extremely useful in high school and loved how easy it was to use. He also talks about the paintbrush tool which was one of easiest tools I used. It was pretty universal tool and holds the same functions as it would in other programs. He also talks about the properties tab which is one of the most useful aspects of illustrator, coming from Photoshop, the properties tab was one of the only familiar things I could see in illustrator. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

Propaganda Self Portait

Autoscapy