Autoscapy

 




For this piece we were suppose to encompass something new we had discovered about ourselves over this pandemic. While I did discover some things, I wanted to take a different approach and display the more apathetic feeling I have been feeling since the beginning. As the pandemic worsened it seemed like the days just merged into one endless cycle of doing school and sleeping. I tried to display the road into the cycle and how it seems to be never-ending. However I do believe that things will get better eventually. Which is why I decided to use such vibrant colors and hues to show that even in the darkest situation light will shine through.  I placed myself on top of the moon to symbolize how I am just a bystander looking at all of this. I feel like I have no control over my own situation any more and I am just peacefully watching time pass me by. 


Comments

  1. Jocelyn, your autoscopy is super eye-catching. I enjoy the bright colors and effect you put on the clouds. Your 4 photos blended very nicely together and I think your blog post overall is very organized and professional looking. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn, I think you project looks really cool and I especially love the colors you used. I totally agree with the pandemic feeling like an endless cycle and I definitely think the endless road encompasses this feeling. My one critic would be to maybe make yourself a little bigger so you can be seen easier, but overall good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jocelyn, I really like what you did to the project and the coloring and overall design gives off really trippy vibes. I like what you did with the endless road heading into the clouds I think it symbolizes what you talked about in your artist statement pretty well. Also didn't know you were from Ewing NJ, so am I. Anyways, really good project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn, I really vibe with this piece you created! I think all the images you selected went together really well and created an awesome end product. I like how you did bright colors, because the pandemic is a sore subject, you found some brightness in your journey so far. I like how you are simply overlooking "the days as they past" represented in the form of the endless road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piece really comes together nicely with the arrangement of the images and the colors you selected. It really gives a sense of mystery and oddity, but not dread or horror. It feels like a vision that someone would have on a spiritual journey. It's very peaceful, and it matches the tone you were going for, with the sense of time passing endlessly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

Propaganda Self Portait