Somewhere



For the somewhere project, I chose to place myself in a scene from the God Father. In my opinion its one of the coolest movies ever made. I also come from Italian roots so it means a lot to me culturally. I don't know a lot about my family history, but my mom tells me that my great grandfather had dated an Italian mafia princess. So when I watched the movie I thought that it was cool because it could've been how my life turned out if I was born at a different time. I also think the movie has amazing cinematography. Overall I think its a really good movie and I would recommend it to anyone who likes action and suspenseful movies. 

Comments

  1. I'm ashamed to say I have still never watched the God Father... but it's definitely on my list. Either way, I think your project came out so cool and you nailed the pose/ facial expression and the lighting and overall editing of it. Even though the coloring of you does look different it just appears as if there is a warm light more so shining on him so I think it works. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jocelyn! I have heard so much about this movie, my older brother would always talk about it and he even had a video game of it. I am also part Italian! Although I have never been, I hope to go someday soon. I always think what could've happened if I was born at a different time. Your piece looks very dramatic and suspenseful, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also never watched the God Father, but I think you nailed the look and the pose and it ties really well to the scene. I think the hand placement really helps the photo look more realistic. The glow around you also makes it seem very dramatic and suspenseful, which I think is what you were going for. Good job, I really like the emotion being displayed here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jocelyn, The Godfather is a classic. I remember the first time I watched it with my grandpa. I think you blended yourself in the photo very well. I also think the pose you are doing really fits the scene. I think the way you hid the tag brush was very good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

Propaganda Self Portait

Autoscapy